localzuk Posted February 15, 2008 Posted February 15, 2008 How do I find out when things are going to start moving down here? According to the 'Wave by Wave' document our area (Somerset Group 1) is in Wave D. Where will I be able to find out more about the timescale for our area? To be honest, everytime I ask anyone at work about it I just get a 'don't worry about it, we won't let it happen' response - which we all know is not how things really are. So I'd like to know the time scale really.
Joanne Posted February 15, 2008 Posted February 15, 2008 depends how long the others take doesn't it? implemented here in Blackburn late 2009 apparently.... maybe you can go off that?
Joanne Posted February 15, 2008 Posted February 15, 2008 I dunno... all i know is that stuff is happening. The new schools are flying up in Burnley... rather massive dominating looking buildings!
localzuk Posted February 15, 2008 Author Posted February 15, 2008 I don't think it is dependent on the prior waves is it? I thought it was being ran in a kind of relay race way, ie. Wave A is in construction stage Wave B is in final decisions stage Wave C is consultation stage etc... Or am I wrong? Otherwise, it means that the later stages simply won't be done before 2050, as each wave seems to be taking about 6 or so years.
tech_guy Posted February 15, 2008 Posted February 15, 2008 (edited) Is this any use: http://www.bsf-culture.co.uk/bsf/ and this: http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/management/resourcesfinanceandbuilding/bsf/ Read it all and weep. Edited February 15, 2008 by tech_guy
klawd Posted February 15, 2008 Posted February 15, 2008 (edited) I don't think it is dependent on the prior waves is it? I thought it was being ran in a kind of relay race way, ie. Wave A is in construction stage Wave B is in final decisions stage Wave C is consultation stage etc... Or am I wrong? Otherwise, it means that the later stages simply won't be done before 2050, as each wave seems to be taking about 6 or so years. Check here: http://www.bsfsomerset.org.uk/ Look at your location there, from the vibe I get, they are not really planning for more than 2 years or so, as the expectation is the timescales are so long (5+ years) it will be just another abandoned initative by then. The website is full of ifs and assuming thats...just vague enough so it looks like its being followed through but vague enough that it can all be forgotten about when the cash runs out. I am already hearing of problems with the new BSF builds in Bridgwater, and the dissatisfaction with what they have ended up with Vs what was originally promised. It is also working out to be much more expensive than the original budget allocated. Edited February 15, 2008 by klawd
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now