jmair Posted June 8, 2016 Posted June 8, 2016 For years now I've just had Win7 installed on local machines that started up the Remote Desktop Connection. But that meant I had to go to all machines to is any change needed to happen. This year I'm looking at have the this clients boot to an image over the network (pxe) and then connect to the Windows 2012 r2 RDS server. Instead of using a Windows image, does anyone have a smaller/faster solution? I dont know if it's quicker to custom make a small linux distro to do what I want or if maybe one of you know of one that just needs some preferences changed and is ready out of the box. I appreciate your feedback. Thank you!
FN-GM Posted June 8, 2016 Posted June 8, 2016 Have a look at ThinStation. It will allow you to PXE boot into an RDP session 2
jmair Posted June 13, 2016 Author Posted June 13, 2016 I haven't commented on this as we're trying to figure it out. It looks like what we need, thank you for the reply!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now