fiza Posted June 6, 2016 Posted June 6, 2016 Anyone use Monkey X Any thoughts on whether its safe for students to be let loose on?
Sylv3r Posted June 6, 2016 Posted June 6, 2016 I got an e-mail into our helpdesk today about installing this onto the network. I've not had the chance to check it out yet - what are you concerns regarding giving access to students?
fiza Posted June 7, 2016 Author Posted June 7, 2016 I always get concerned with letting students loose on programming code. As I am not a programmer I don't know what potential harm that could be done. Overly cautious.
Sylv3r Posted June 7, 2016 Posted June 7, 2016 I always get concerned with letting students loose on programming code. As I am not a programmer I don't know what potential harm that could be done. Overly cautious. I must admit, I always wary installing all these programming titles especially the 'free' versions. It's nigh on impossible to check everything within the software for back doors etc. None of it really appears to be suited to education networks. I'll probably put together a VM and install and bunch of programming titles and roll that out - far more secure. 1
fiza Posted June 8, 2016 Author Posted June 8, 2016 I must admit, I always wary installing all these programming titles especially the 'free' versions. It's nigh on impossible to check everything within the software for back doors etc. None of it really appears to be suited to education networks. I'll probably put together a VM and install and bunch of programming titles and roll that out - far more secure. We have a VM that has all the programming stuff on it. Might have to add this to it over the summer.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now