Garacesh Posted May 16, 2016 Posted May 16, 2016 (edited) I'm installing Office via WDS, I've added all the files to the WDS server and am using an application that points to a batch file containing START /WAIT "PRogramName Setup" /config . I've activated the KMS key on our KMS server and am not supplying the config.xml with a PIDKEY. Word, Powerpoint, etc all say they are activated. I've used a similar config.xml with Visio as follows: Yet Visio is saying it isn't activated. Through trawling the internet I've discovered there are 2 versions of Visio.. VisioStdXVolume and VisioProXVolume.. But neither work.. I've tried both, and they both say I'm not legit. Yet if I go to the Volume Licensing Service Centre and check my product keys, the KMS key for Visio 2016 is the exact same key as the KMS key for Office 2016.. What gives? Edited May 16, 2016 by Garacesh
3s-gtech Posted May 16, 2016 Posted May 16, 2016 Did you specifically license Visio? It doesn't come as part of Office Standard (or even Pro Plus) so the key that it shows may never work. Seems an odd way of it working though. Perhaps Visio need a separate KMS service? The KMS keys for it are: Visio Professional 2016 - PD3PC-RHNGV-FXJ29-8JK7D-RJRJK Visio Standard 2016 - 7WHWN-4T7MP-G96JF-G33KR-W8GF4
Garacesh Posted May 16, 2016 Author Posted May 16, 2016 Visio Professional 2016 - PD3PC-RHNGV-FXJ29-8JK7D-RJRJK Visio Standard 2016 - 7WHWN-4T7MP-G96JF-G33KR-W8GF4 Are these keys I should activate on the KMS server itself, or keys that I should feed to the Visio install as a way of saying "Check for KMS"?
3s-gtech Posted May 16, 2016 Posted May 16, 2016 keys that I should feed to the Visio install as a way of saying "Check for KMS"? This. Same as the Office KMS keys that you see on public sites - these are the freely available keys that tell the client to use DNS to look for a KMS server nearby. At a guess, you should be able to download the Visio KMS host - it should be that which takes your provided KMS keys.
Garacesh Posted May 16, 2016 Author Posted May 16, 2016 This. Same as the Office KMS keys that you see on public sites - these are the freely available keys that tell the client to use DNS to look for a KMS server nearby. At a guess, you should be able to download the Visio KMS host - it should be that which takes your provided KMS keys. Well I downloaded and installed the Microsoft Office 2016 Volume License Pack, which is how I got the Office 2016 key into the KMS Server, which says "If you want to activate volume license editions of Office 2016, Visio 2016, or Project 2016 with a KMS host or Active Directory-Based activation," I'll try feeding Visio the 'Hunt-for-KMS' key tomorrow, see if that works.
3s-gtech Posted May 16, 2016 Posted May 16, 2016 In that case, the KMS client key should be sufficient, hopefully! Never licensed Visio myself, so will be interesting to know.
Garacesh Posted May 17, 2016 Author Posted May 17, 2016 Visio Standard 2016 - 7WHWN-4T7MP-G96JF-G33KR-W8GF4 Well, what do you know, that works! Thanks! Fed Office the generic KMS key (XQNVK-8JYDB-WJ9W3-YJ8YR-WFG99, if anyone needs it) too, just to be certain. Both are now saying Product Activated.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now