sted Posted November 24, 2016 Posted November 24, 2016 It has the cooler logo The Alola Sandshew/slash is just a bonus. but you get that awful looking werewolf thing lol not to mention the legendary looks really dumb lol
Garacesh Posted November 24, 2016 Posted November 24, 2016 (edited) not to mention the legendary looks really dumb lol Don't they all, these days? Serebii tells me that Growlithe is available on both flavours.. Oi @X-13, you want my Litten for battery farming breeding? Edited November 24, 2016 by Garacesh
sted Posted November 24, 2016 Posted November 24, 2016 "Moomin", "Staypuft" wat xD IMO cheating, but acceptable if the 'mons aren't actually catchable in the game. Also acceptable if you've already beaten the game and want to restart with a specific party (just don't cheese it and make your starting party all L100) But that's just, like, my opinion, man. just done a bit more searching and it looks like all the qr codes do is show where you can catch them in your dex so if thats all rather than making one appear for me to catch thats fair game imo its no worse than asking someone/googling spawn locations
X-13 Posted November 24, 2016 Posted November 24, 2016 Oi @X-13, you want my Litten for battery farming breeding? Si. Though I'm not at the breeding stuff point yet. Also, the QR stuff... You don't get the 'mons you scan. There are 20(?) Pokémon it allows you to catch, which are fixed. But it includes first stage Jhoto starters and second stage Sinnoh starters.
Garacesh Posted November 24, 2016 Posted November 24, 2016 And where does one get/learn about/etc these QR codes? Like how they give out 'mons to people that bring their games to the events and stuff, what's the "legit" way of discovering these QR codes?
sted Posted November 24, 2016 Posted November 24, 2016 And where does one get/learn about/etc these QR codes? Like how they give out 'mons to people that bring their games to the events and stuff, what's the "legit" way of discovering these QR codes? legit way i dont know i came across a list of them all (i wasnt looking for it) i can post the link if its wanted but id have to copy it from my phone (not logged into chrome here as me (personal))
CAM Posted November 24, 2016 Posted November 24, 2016 All the starters look cute at early stage but turn horrible looking later. I never am a fan of them (except Braixen, it looked cool all the way through). And yeah, it's weird how the little puppy thing turns into a sheepdog on one version and a horrible psychotic Tumblr OC on the other cartridge. Alolan Vulpix all the way anyway.
X-13 Posted November 24, 2016 Posted November 24, 2016 what's the "legit" way of discovering these QR codes? You see them in the game. The pokedex gives the QR code for it.
Garacesh Posted November 24, 2016 Posted November 24, 2016 You see them in the game. The pokedex gives the QR code for it. 'S'fair enough. I wouldn't say it was cheating, then, since all it does is tell you where to find them. Sounds like sharing them is exactly what Nintendo wants you to do.
X-13 Posted November 24, 2016 Posted November 24, 2016 'S'fair enough. I wouldn't say it was cheating, then, since all it does is tell you where to find them. Sounds like sharing them is exactly what Nintendo wants you to do. Pretty much. IIRC there are 4 QR codes for each Pokémon. Male, female, shiny male and shiny female. Male and female are easy to find... But both shinies? Ain't nobody got time for that. Also, Trial 1 done! And it was super underwhelming. Game: Totem Pokémon turned up! Me: Oh, dang... It's fully evolved and sort of bulky. G: Totem aura increased it's defence! Me: Oh, lordy... I'ma die! G: Totem Pokémon used Focus Energy! M: RIP muh team. G: Totem Pokémon fainted. M: Good job, One Punch 'Mon. (Makuhita)
X-13 Posted November 25, 2016 Posted November 25, 2016 Just caught an Eevee! [10 hours and I've just got to the second island ] Naughty nature. But, I don't know what to evolve it into... Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Sylveon... Leave it as Eevee forever? I leave it up to you, EduGeeks. What do?
Garacesh Posted November 25, 2016 Posted November 25, 2016 Leafeon! (If there's a Moss Rock anywhere) Didn't play any last night as I was here til' 9 for Awards Evening. I'll get up to wherever you unlock trading tonight. Probably.
X-13 Posted November 25, 2016 Posted November 25, 2016 Jolteon! Leafeon! (If there's a Moss Rock anywhere) God damn it... Moss rock and a Thunderstone are near each other, so I'll flip a coin when I get there. Didn't play any last night as I was here til' 9 for Awards Evening. I'll get up to wherever you unlock trading tonight. Probably. It's cool. Shoot me a message on Steam when you want to trade. I'll send over Dolan Drumpf to Make Alola Great Again.
sted Posted November 25, 2016 Posted November 25, 2016 Just caught an Eevee! [10 hours and I've just got to the second island ] Naughty nature. But, I don't know what to evolve it into... Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Sylveon... Leave it as Eevee forever? I leave it up to you, EduGeeks. What do? ooh where i want an eevee lol where are they?. Atm i just got to the second island (diddnt get much time on it last night but got an hour or 2 in this morning (later than usual start and closer than usual and i just woke up at 5 lol))
X-13 Posted November 25, 2016 Posted November 25, 2016 ooh where i want an eevee lol where are they?. Atm i just got to the second island (diddnt get much time on it last night but got an hour or 2 in this morning (later than usual start and closer than usual and i just woke up at 5 lol)) Route 4. The first route on the second island.
sted Posted November 25, 2016 Posted November 25, 2016 Route 4. The first route on the second island. so i walked straight past them grrrrr oh well at least i now have 2 mons i can ride to get around quicker though the riding gear looks awful lol
Garacesh Posted November 25, 2016 Posted November 25, 2016 A'ight, I got the Plaza now. @X-13 gimme a poke on Steam when you're on.
sted Posted November 25, 2016 Posted November 25, 2016 Route 4. The first route on the second island. well cant find one wonder if they are only in daylight? on the plus side i have a torus and a miltank and later caught a psyduck
X-13 Posted November 25, 2016 Posted November 25, 2016 well cant find one wonder if they are only in daylight? on the plus side i have a torus and a miltank and later caught a psyduck I checked the Pokédex, it's an all-day Pokémon. I still need Miltank and Tauros... I think one of them is SOS only.
sted Posted November 25, 2016 Posted November 25, 2016 I checked the Pokédex, it's an all-day Pokémon. I still need Miltank and Tauros... I think one of them is SOS only. swap ya though iirc both have daft names lol
X-13 Posted November 25, 2016 Posted November 25, 2016 swap ya though iirc both have daft names lol I'll catch one at some point.
Garacesh Posted November 25, 2016 Posted November 25, 2016 swap ya though iirc both have daft names lol If you catch a pokemon specifically with the intention of giving it away, you must give it a silly name. It is the rules. My Litten would've had a daft name if I'd have known I'd be trading it and resetting!
X-13 Posted November 25, 2016 Posted November 25, 2016 If you catch a pokemon specifically with the intention of giving it away, you must give it a silly name. It is the rules. Yup, this is a 100% legit rule imposed by Satoshi Tajiri himself. There's going to be a bunch of Sealion Dions being wondertraded once I get a Ditto.
sted Posted November 26, 2016 Posted November 26, 2016 Yup, this is a 100% legit rule imposed by Satoshi Tajiri himself. There's going to be a bunch of Sealion Dions being wondertraded once I get a Ditto. the issue is whether anyone gets them as they are often references so my torus is called rogers (the bull) (terry pratchett reference but its a throwaway line in 1 book lol) still cant find an eevee im in the right place all i get is lillpups, mudbrays and pikipecks on the plus side my growlith now knows fire, fighting and leccy moves
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now