noelmm Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 Hi everyone, I'm currently running into a problem with installing Python 3.4.3 and Pyscripter together. I have the python installer downloaded as an MSI and would like to create a working batch file to complete the install which I have been able to do (I have 2 versions). The problem is that the batch file is installing Python into c:\Python34 as it should however when installing Pyscripter PyScripter-v2.6.0 and then running the application it will not recognise Python as being installed. If I run the same Python installer manually Pyscripter will then work. After a little looking I have found that when using the batch files there is no entry for Python within the Add/remove programs entries, this suggests to me that the installation process using either of the batch files isn't writing to the registry (I could be wrong). I have included the scripts from both batch files I have below Simple installer: "%~dp0python-3.4.3.msi" /passive Fully defined installer: mkdir c:\Python34 "%~dp0python-3.4.3.msi" /quiet InstallAllUsers=1 TargetDir=C:\Python34 AssociateFiles=1 PrependPath=1 Shortcuts=1 Include_doc=1 Include_debug=1 Include_dev=1 Include_exe=1 Include_launcher=1 InstallLauncherAllUsers=1 Include_lib=1 Include_pip=1 Include_tcltk=1 Include_test=1 Include_tools=1 AssociateFiles=1 As you can see from the scripts the installer msi sits in the same folder as both of these batch files and neither batch file produces an error message during the installation and I am able to run the Python Idle from with c:\Python34. If anyone is able to suggest a fix for this that would be very useful as otherwise I need to manually install Python onto over 150 machines. Thanks Noel
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now