Koldov Posted April 19, 2016 Posted April 19, 2016 Hi All, I posted this in another (older) thread but didn't receive any replies, apologies for starting a new thread but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere and my Google-fu is weak.... Does anybody know how this works from a DEP perspective? I am asking due to us wanting to get DEP sorted for our iPads, however we purchased them as an order with another school (for a bulk discount) and it is the other school that is registered with the seller. We're not sure how this relates to enrolling our school iPads into the program, as the PO did not come from our school Tl;dr Basically, when you purchase iPads as part of another school's order how do you get that supplier to enrol your school iPads in DEP? I'm not sure this is a very widely done process so I understand there will be limited response, however the thread about using collective buying power through the DfE might bring it to the fore? Kol
Brimstone Posted April 19, 2016 Posted April 19, 2016 1) You are required to be enrolled in DEP before you can even start this process, you will get a DEP User ID 2) Apple resellers have many schools that they request DEP on behalf of, you have to request and add the Reseller DEP ID to your DEP account portal 3) You then request DEP enrolment from the reseller, giving them your User DEP ID. The Reseller then requests this on your behalf. N.B. If these were purchased via another schools PO number you may find you are can't add them as devices are added to your account via the order number used.
internetuser Posted April 19, 2016 Posted April 19, 2016 From what I have found is the discount on iPads is minimal. Dep will be very problomatic as well, as they will be all under one order number on one vpp account.
Matthewj Posted April 22, 2016 Posted April 22, 2016 Hi, Just to follow what others have said. I use DEP at all my schools and I can confirm that if you bulk buy iPads you can only register them all to the school that did the bulk purchase. You need to give the DEP code before ( or after depending on the company ) then they get assigned to your school. They can't split and order up it's all or nothing. This is why I have advised my schools not to try bulk buying as it was only going to save them £10 a device and would mean I couldn't use DEP. Thanks, Matt 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now