mortstar Posted February 1, 2008 Posted February 1, 2008 Having a very strange problem with MacBooks that we have joined to the Active Directory here. Last year we bought 6 Apple Macs and using some great stuff from Mike Bombich's site I got a nice little login/logout setup so that each user was given the same 'experience' and had SSO as well as home drives mounted on login - lovely! This all worked perfectly for a year. Then Art buy Photoshop Elements and rather than just install on each machine individually, I thought I'd just edit the image and pass it round to each of the MacBooks. This all seemed to work fine, but a week later the machines started to fail to boot and would just sit on a grey screen with the spinning wheel - forever!!! without getting to the login screen. After re-imaging the same thing happens, they work for a while - then suddenly when they are in the process of booting they get the same problem but at varying lengths of time, some a few hours later, some days. I've booted with verbose mode on (cmd + v) and it is getting a DirectoryService failure - so I'm guessing it is something to do with the join to Active Directory The error that keeps coming up in verbose is "macbook-05 netinfod local [78] file_init failed: Remote system error macbook-05 netinfod local [78] ni_init failed: Remote system error macbook-05 netinfod local [78] start_service: Remote system error -exiting macbook-05 DirectoryService[45]: CNetInfoPlugin::Initialize - notify_get_state failed over last minute (status -1)\n" This loops and each time "netinfod local [xx]" increments by 1. I've not done anything differently when joining to AD, the only changes to the old image is Mac OS X updates and Photoshop Elements. Mac OS X 10.4, no Mac Server. Any help muchly appreciated!
Rozzer Posted February 1, 2008 Posted February 1, 2008 If i were you i would put the OS X CD in press C drive before the chime and do a repair on the disk and verify. Ross
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now