localzuk Posted March 2, 2016 Author Posted March 2, 2016 OK. New pack is up and running. Pack is Resonant Rise: Mainline. All optional mods are installed, except EiraIRC. Same server address/details. I will update the article asap.
datar_ Posted March 2, 2016 Posted March 2, 2016 Thought I'd give this ModPack a try in SP... I got attacked by a Panda by the name of Captainanna, I was slain
Geoff Posted March 3, 2016 Posted March 3, 2016 Yeah don't go wandering until you have some armour and a sword. I'm currently cowering in a village.
localzuk Posted March 3, 2016 Author Posted March 3, 2016 Have died twice so far. Died to an angry grey looking thing, and to what seemed to be a tiny living tree. Hiding in a coven witch hut now.
datar_ Posted March 3, 2016 Posted March 3, 2016 It can be, if you have a bucket of water, get those ruby boots for +3 armour
localzuk Posted March 3, 2016 Author Posted March 3, 2016 Coven Witches are safe. Its normal witches that'll kill you.
Geoff Posted March 7, 2016 Posted March 7, 2016 I've got a little hovel setup now. I'm trying to start with mekanism for a change. Seems to be ok although power is an issue.
datar_ Posted March 7, 2016 Posted March 7, 2016 Same here, heat generated don't seem to be very good
Geoff Posted March 8, 2016 Posted March 8, 2016 I made some progress last night. I went to the nether, due to lack of diamonds I had to 'cast' the portal frame with lava and water, which is the first for me. I found cobalt and ardite and upgraded my tools to manyullyn. found some diamonds and managed to construct an emerald from the mob drops and further upgraded the durability. I also improved my power situation. I now have an energy cube and more heat generators. I've correctly surrounded them with lava to make them passively powered too (75RF/t currently). I've also made a lot of energy upgrades to improve the efficiency too. I also found a 'king slime' near me. I did manage to beat it to death with my frying pan though. It had got stuck in a pond.
localzuk Posted March 8, 2016 Author Posted March 8, 2016 I've now got a hardened jetpack and have made the majority of my ravine safe so I can start turning it into my base now. Running signalum tools, working well for me so far!
Geoff Posted March 8, 2016 Posted March 8, 2016 How did you make signalum? I tried in my smeltery but the recipe didn't work (ended up with red alloy ingots).
localzuk Posted March 8, 2016 Author Posted March 8, 2016 (edited) Made a magma crucible and fluid transposer to make the destabilised redstone. Then made the ingots in a smeltery, using a portable tank to get the redstone in. Edited March 8, 2016 by localzuk
localzuk Posted March 8, 2016 Author Posted March 8, 2016 Yeah the portable tank, and then conduit to get it into the smeltery.
Geoff Posted March 8, 2016 Posted March 8, 2016 I was trying to melt redstone directly in the smeltery. I guess that was what was going wrong.
localzuk Posted March 8, 2016 Author Posted March 8, 2016 Ah yeah, don't think they works. Also, don't try and melt coal dust either, just uses up ask your lava and doesn't get past half way.
Geoff Posted March 9, 2016 Posted March 9, 2016 Well I finished my mining world portal (it's far safer and quicker than the overworld for traveling around). Visited dlehman, bookmarked his location too and gave him some pistons and slime balls.I've also started working on magic crops. I currently have some coal plants and am working towards tier 2. I need to check if I can automate them though.
localzuk Posted March 9, 2016 Author Posted March 9, 2016 Got my AE2 system started, and all my stuff is now stored in it. Started populating my ravine too. Planning on starting some magic crops and agricraft resource crops soon too.
ADMaster Posted March 9, 2016 Posted March 9, 2016 @Geoff You can also make signalum with a block of redstone and a restone dust in place of the bucket of redstone. It will give you 4 signalum dust that need smelted in a furnace or like before going into the smeltery. The smeltery would not take the dust directly. That is how I made my signalum bow. I got AE running and some basic auto crafting of crystals and processors. I then made a digital miner it is being powered by two wind turbines. I would like to know if there is a good alternative to tesseracts and transceivers. I don't have the resources for either yet.
Geoff Posted March 10, 2016 Posted March 10, 2016 I got my signalum upgrades done. My bow is a lot more potent. I've also got a crossbow made but will hold off on finishing it until I get some thaumium and enderium sorted out. I also managed to get lost in the nether, @localzuk managed to get me unlost though which I'm grateful for.
datar_ Posted March 10, 2016 Posted March 10, 2016 Hmmm :-( RR3 doesn't seem to want to open for me. Windows did update though. The error I'm getting is [10/3/2016 18:45:36 PM] [Client thread/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper]: The jar file **USERSDIR**\Instances\ResonantRise\bin\jinput-2.0.5.jar has a security seal for path net.java.games.input, but that path is defined and not secure Tried replacing the file with no resolve :-(
Geoff Posted March 11, 2016 Posted March 11, 2016 I was disappointed to find out that fertilised earth does not work with magic crops. I have decided to build a sky base. Due to all the annoying mobs at ground level.
localzuk Posted March 11, 2016 Author Posted March 11, 2016 Hmmm :-( RR3 doesn't seem to want to open for me. Windows did update though. The error I'm getting is [10/3/2016 18:45:36 PM] [Client thread/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper]: The jar file **USERSDIR**\Instances\ResonantRise\bin\jinput-2.0.5.jar has a security seal for path net.java.games.input, but that path is defined and not secure Tried replacing the file with no resolve :-( Just looking at this now for you.
localzuk Posted March 11, 2016 Author Posted March 11, 2016 @datar_ have you tried deleting the mod pack entirely and re-downloading it?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now