firefox_2006 Posted January 24, 2008 Posted January 24, 2008 Hi I have just finished rebuilding my work pc as I kept getting loads of errors in applications such as SIMS. One thing I have noticed is that everytime I log on to it, all the settings seem to "disappear". We have standard 3 levels of access at this school 1) technician 2) teacher 3) student. I am part of the technician group (as is the network manager). For some reason everytime I reboot or log on or off my pc all the printers disappear and so does my outlook settings, and I have to reconfigure these manually everytime I log on. Any reason for this to happen? firefox_2006
rusty155 Posted January 24, 2008 Posted January 24, 2008 What type of profiles are you using? Mandatory / Roaming / Local?
DSapseid Posted January 24, 2008 Posted January 24, 2008 Local copy of roaming profile messed up would be my guess as i have had that here before. Logon as local admin and delete everything except "All Users" and "Administrator" from the Doc & Settings folder.
DMcCoy Posted January 24, 2008 Posted January 24, 2008 Local copy of roaming profile messed up would be my guess as i have had that here before. Logon as local admin and delete everything except "All Users" and "Administrator" from the Doc & Settings folder. Don't do this! (unless you know you aren't using a local profile). You could delete documents and desktop items which aren't on redirected folders etc.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now