chalkwellstu Posted January 24, 2008 Posted January 24, 2008 So i have a load of laptops winging thier way to me all loaded up with vista. Don't want to upgrade to vista yet so how do i downgrade them to xp pro? Anyone help?
Ryan Posted January 24, 2008 Posted January 24, 2008 Depends on the version of Vista. If they're Vista Business, you can downgrade them to XP Pro. Anything else, you'll need fresh XP Pro licenses i'm afraid. As i understand it anyhoo...
chalkwellstu Posted January 24, 2008 Author Posted January 24, 2008 Depends on the version of Vista. If they're Vista Business, you can downgrade them to XP Pro. Anything else, you'll need fresh XP Pro licenses i'm afraid. As i understand it anyhoo... thanks Ryan, yeah they are Vista business. so does that mean i can just stick an xp pro install disk in and use the vista key to load it?
Guest PatBoland Posted January 24, 2008 Posted January 24, 2008 I just got 45 laptops loaded with Vista. They came with 2 recovery disks Vista and XP SP2. Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile. I am rolling out 42 Vista and 3 XP (which I downgraded to XP using the recovery disk no problem). But we are moving towards Vista and Office 2007 at the moment for a 'New Build' by the end of the year. The next few months will be trying to get the Teaching Staff familiar with the future (big project!!). I have been using Vista for nearly a year now on a few desktops and all fine.
chalkwellstu Posted January 24, 2008 Author Posted January 24, 2008 I just got 45 laptops loaded with Vista. They came with 2 recovery disks Vista and XP SP2. Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile. I am rolling out 42 Vista and 3 XP (which I downgraded to XP using the recovery disk no problem). But we are moving towards Vista and Office 2007 at the moment for a 'New Build' by the end of the year. The next few months will be trying to get the Teaching Staff familiar with the future (big project!!). I have been using Vista for nearly a year now on a few desktops and all fine. thanks Pat, think i undestand how it works now. The next few months will be trying to get the Teaching Staff familiar with the future (big project!!). good luck my lot still don't understand that if you click my documents its shows you my documents
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now