localzuk Posted February 3, 2016 Author Posted February 3, 2016 Managed to fix my nether portal so it doesn't 'jump' to yours @localzuk using direwolf20's Journeymap trick. My portal is south and down from yours about 100 blocks in the nether. It's a stone block tower at the edge of the flesh overlooking the western lava ocean, you can't miss it. Sounds like a delightful spot. Found an awesome village whilst out searching tonight... got a tower, a windmill and a pub! [ATTACH=CONFIG]34835[/ATTACH] <- Pub [ATTACH=CONFIG]34836[/ATTACH] <- Tower [ATTACH=CONFIG]34837[/ATTACH] <- Windmill Coords: -940, 2600 Also found the last plate that I need for AE, so can get on with that now! I vote we move to this new town...
Sephiroth Posted February 3, 2016 Posted February 3, 2016 Who else is playing on this server that we don't know about? That's the first thing that I thought when I saw it. Then realised that it was generated after poking around a bit.
Geoff Posted February 4, 2016 Posted February 4, 2016 I added a second level to my base last night and used it to expand my rotatrycraft machines. I've now got a fermenter and a coil spring winder. I think I'll have to build a steam engine next. I'm also looking to see if I can work out a way to power a bedrock breaker using coiled springs. It should be possible I'm just not sure of the gear ratios. My expeditions in the nether looking for cobalt and ardite are coming up mostly empty handed. In particular I am short of ardite.
localzuk Posted February 4, 2016 Author Posted February 4, 2016 I've not explored much in the Nether, or done anything with RotaryCraft! So, you're further along with those than me, that's for sure. Nether mobs are a bit tougher in this pack, with Succubi, Sphinxes and Wither Cows. Sphinxes are touch little bleeders - 144 health! Emptied 3 clips of MP5 ammo into one and it was still alive, as it heals itself. Ended up attacking it with my sword instead. Out of interest - what's the next tool material above Steel?
Geoff Posted February 4, 2016 Posted February 4, 2016 I went Steel (levelled) -> Alumite (levelled) -> Ardite (levelled) -> Cobalt. Manyullyn is technically better than Cobalt but I can't find enough Ardite to make some. I have found several cobalt veins that I've marked (I couldn't mine them with my Alumite pick at the time). I need a bedrock breaker, then I can either make a rotatrycraft jetpack or modular armour and be able to fly in the nether. I'll be able to find what I need far easier then.
Sephiroth Posted February 5, 2016 Posted February 5, 2016 Got an AE crafting terminal up and built the main part of what will become the AE storage building. Also got some rudimentary autocrafing up with an assembler, a sag mill and an alloy smelter. Next step is to get my cabling to everyone's bases and the core cabling in the new building. I'll need a reliable supply of nether quartz now. Best head off to the nether and try not to be killed by that damned sphinx again ^^
localzuk Posted February 5, 2016 Author Posted February 5, 2016 Sphinxes are pretty tough! @Geoff lead me into a battle with a couple last night, along with a bunch of other strange mobs that seemed to summon wither skeletons and skeletons. Sphinxes heal themselves! This weekend I intend to get the farms and food production automated, and I'm going to build a wharf down by the water for boating from.
MrEprise Posted February 5, 2016 Posted February 5, 2016 Sphinxes are pretty tough! @Geoff lead me into a battle with a couple last night, along with a bunch of other strange mobs that seemed to summon wither skeletons and skeletons. Sphinxes heal themselves! This weekend I intend to get the farms and food production automated, and I'm going to build a wharf down by the water for boating from. That volcano you mentioned yesterday, I decided to go up and have a look. Yes, there's a Sphinx up there... ...and it started to chase after me. But I managed to get away.
localzuk Posted February 5, 2016 Author Posted February 5, 2016 Ah, so that gives a hint as to where they spawn then - near lava! There's also some Naga's which spawn near water, and they attack you too.
Geoff Posted February 5, 2016 Posted February 5, 2016 I built the second level to my base, connected up some rf power and made some buildcraft progression. I now have an assembly table. Expanding my rotarycraft machinery is next.
bald_pig Posted February 7, 2016 Posted February 7, 2016 Lasted about 5 mins, can't get on with the mods, let me know when you move on.
Geoff Posted February 8, 2016 Posted February 8, 2016 (edited) Bit more rotarycraft done. I can make ethanol now. I had to massively extend my sugercane farm though (you need suger to make it). I also built an alloy smelter and created some dark steel armour, handy stuff. I also built a twilight forest portal and immediately disconnected everyone. I found horrible things over there. I've fortified my portal on the other side now though so at least you are initially safe. I also showed @Sephiroth how make steam engines not explode. I'm going to try for a bedrock breaker next. I think I can make it work with enough hydrostatic engines. Probably. Edited February 8, 2016 by Geoff
Sephiroth Posted February 8, 2016 Posted February 8, 2016 @Geoff, If I'd known that you were doing that I'd have left the ethanol production setup that I'd already made ^^ I dismantled it because I realised that I needed jet fuel and wanted the DC motors I was using. Steam engines not exploding is definitely a benefit, but soon realised that all rotarycraft things are volatile. I had 2 cases of exploding gearboxes after that. My aim was to make a bedrock breaker to make headway on making a quarry, hopefully with a decent chance of getting certus quartz.
Geoff Posted February 8, 2016 Posted February 8, 2016 @Sephiroth I needed ethanol because I have a gasoline engine. I have a gasoline engine because it's the right power output / speed for a grinder. I need a grinder because I can grind up Canola Seeds to make lubricant. I need lubricant to stop my gearboxes exploding. (You have not seen the horror of 64 blocks of wooden gears boxes catching alight because the wind blew too hard). It seems all roads do lead to Rome.
localzuk Posted February 8, 2016 Author Posted February 8, 2016 Reading this, it seems that RotaryCraft is a complex beast...
Sephiroth Posted February 8, 2016 Posted February 8, 2016 Reading this, it seems that RotaryCraft is a complex beast... It is at that. It is also an exceptionally powerful one if you can harness it
Geoff Posted February 8, 2016 Posted February 8, 2016 Reading this, it seems that RotaryCraft is a complex beast... It models real world mechanics. So, yes. Just wait until I get to reactorcraft and I have to make a realistic working nuclear PWR reactor!
localzuk Posted February 8, 2016 Author Posted February 8, 2016 It models real world mechanics. So, yes. Just wait until I get to reactorcraft and I have to make a realistic working nuclear PWR reactor! No! No reactors! Remember what happened when you had 1 piece of nuclear waste in the Revolution 2 world!?
Geoff Posted February 8, 2016 Posted February 8, 2016 Hey! That wasn't my fault. I got it 'free' in a reward bag I had no way to deal with it or see the radiation. I've already got long term radioactive waste storage sorted out. In fact I'll probably build a molten salt reactor. There's far less nuclear waste processing and storage required.
localzuk Posted February 8, 2016 Author Posted February 8, 2016 Hey! That wasn't my fault. I got it 'free' in a reward bag I had no way to deal with it or see the radiation. I've already got long term radioactive waste storage sorted out. In fact I'll probably build a molten salt reactor. There's far less nuclear waste processing and storage required. Do it in a different dimension. Many miles from your base
Geoff Posted February 8, 2016 Posted February 8, 2016 I doubt anyone minds if I break the nether. It's trashed anyway.
localzuk Posted February 8, 2016 Author Posted February 8, 2016 Only if you dig a few thousand blocks from the portals, and surround the area with warning signs/blocks...
localzuk Posted February 9, 2016 Author Posted February 9, 2016 Made 10 stacks of different foods last night - all in the barrels next to the farm. Should keep us going for a little while.
Geoff Posted February 9, 2016 Posted February 9, 2016 (edited) I got my gasoline engine under control by fitting an ECU, tank and fuel line. I added an couple of floors to my base too. The suger cane farm is complete. I need to make jet fuel next, which means I need a fractionation unit. This is pretty annoying to run without a steady supply of netherwart, blaze rods and slimes. Which means I need to go hunting in the nether for a nether fort. Edited February 9, 2016 by Geoff
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now