Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
We are looking at transferring all of our KMS Hosts on to one server (long story but we currently have them dotted around over 3 servers). With regards Windows desktops, do I need to install keys for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 etc. or will the latest Windows 10 key validate everything up to and including that? Same question for servers (although I think we may have used the MAK for these in the past so may not be an issue).
Posted (edited)

I did something similar around halfterm

 

iirc I used the server 2012r2 kms key to activate everything (server and client) and then added in the patch to make it work with windows 10 (I think its a combined 2012r2/win10 key now though). Then I stuck in the office 2013 kms key for office but that one doesn't activate 2010 it seems but we've been using it as an excuse to update the software as it expires.

Edited by Sagima
forgot the r2 and mispelled some things

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...