ivantalboys Posted January 11, 2016 Posted January 11, 2016 Hi, I have recently noticed a small issue with our student PCs. It happens with all login accounts (student, Domain admin, local admin). when trying to open any application from the start menu search box we get this error. When browsing to a UNC path from Explorer (IP or hostname) we get this error When browsing to a UNC path from the Start Menu we get this error (slightly different error message) And the network Icon is missing from Explorer The problem only appears to have happened when I reapplied an old Student GPO that I had added a start up script to, its old settings were just fire wall and power settings but these had been implemented at a high level GPO so that was why it had been removed. A system restore on one of the affected machines to a date in early December fixes the problem although it is a very laborious process. I have tried various other trouble shooting to no avail. Search service is running, I have removed the firewall completely, I have reset the local policy to default, removed it from the domain, none of these seem to work. I am after some ideas before I a) tear my hair out and b) implement a reimage program over half term. Thanks Ivan
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now