timbo343 Posted January 4, 2016 Posted January 4, 2016 (edited) I'd thought i would see which clients need updating to the latest version of SIMS 7.166 via SOLUS3 and found that clients are having problems connecting to the server. The tray icon is Red and when i click on check for update on the client machines I get.. Failed to request deployment. Exception message: Could not connect to net.tcp://servername:52965/...... No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it server_IP_Address:52965 Luckily I performed the update to clients before xmas and before i did some windows updates. I'm just wondering if any windows updates might have killed the port. I've run netstat -a on the server but cannot see 52965 listed in the list. The firewall on the server is turned off too. Is anyone else having a problem? Thanks Edited January 4, 2016 by timbo343
timbo343 Posted January 4, 2016 Author Posted January 4, 2016 Ah ha. The SOLUS services (SOLUS 3 Agent Service & Solus Deployment Service) weren't started on the server. Now they are started, clients can now connect to the server. 2
Koldov Posted January 5, 2016 Posted January 5, 2016 Hi, I am having a very similar problem! I upgraded all the onsite machines over the holidays and all went fine, as the teachers rolled in today I asked them to turn on their laptops and log-in for SIMS to update. Most of them went ok, but one is giving me this (as the rest are fine I've ruled out the server side fix). Any ideas? Kol.
winng Posted January 5, 2016 Posted January 5, 2016 I beleive the port is not identified as an exception within the firewall. Try using the following in a batch file: netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Solus 3 DS" dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP localport=52965 netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Solus 3 DS" dir=out action=allow protocol=TCP localport=52965 netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Solus 3 Agent" dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP localport=52966 netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Solus 3 Agent" dir=out action=allow protocol=TCP localport=52966 netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Solus 3 Agent UI" dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP localport=8739 netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Solus 3 Agent UI" dir=out action=allow protocol=TCP localport=8739 netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="windows management instrumentation (wmi)" new enable=yes netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="Windows Remote Management" new enable=yes netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new ENABLE=Yes
Koldov Posted January 5, 2016 Posted January 5, 2016 Ah, sorry should have mentioned firewall for the domain is off... Thanks so much for your help anyway. In the end I stopped the solus service, went in to the deployments folder and renamed it. Rechecked for updates and it started downloading it first time... Kol.
SimonWindisch Posted May 5, 2017 Posted May 5, 2017 Restarting the services partially worked for me. I also had to stop the Solus3 Agent Notifier, and restart it (on the server).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now