Bernal1961 Posted December 9, 2015 Posted December 9, 2015 On October 23 I purchased a new dell laptop with windows 10 from Newegg. Due to not having internet at my home, I did not discover it would not connect to the internet until after my 30 day warranty from them had ended. I called Dell, they ran a diagnostic on it and said it was NOT a hardware issue. It sees my wifi, but will not connect. I have tried to connect to wifi in 4 different locations. Any ideas?
timbo343 Posted December 9, 2015 Posted December 9, 2015 Buy a cheap usb wifi dongle to see if its the internal wifi card? Have you got an ethernet port on the laptop? Try that too.
Michael Posted December 9, 2015 Posted December 9, 2015 It could possibly be an aggressive firewall blocking connectivity. Try temporarily disabling your firewall - be it Norton, or something else you're using.
CoolCanuck Posted December 26, 2015 Posted December 26, 2015 Hi. I would: Ensure you are using the correct password. Open notepad, type the passcode, ensure it is correct, and then paste it into the wifi password dialog. Right click on the WiFi icon in the notification area, and hit "Troubleshoot problems..." Make sure your wireless drivers are up to date (install from USB, etc). Ensure you are pressing "Connect" and not hitting the enter key when entering the passcode (assuming your wifi is secured). What brand and model is your wireless router? What model is the Dell laptop?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now