paul Posted January 17, 2008 Posted January 17, 2008 All of a sudden one of my DC's has just suddenly decided to have a wobble, quite coincidently immediately after a SIMS DB Upgrade failed! When ever I try and connect to any MMC console such as Users and computers I receive one of the following errors: The directory schema is not accessible because: An invalid directory pathname was passed Data from Active Directory Users and Computers [FQDN] is not available from domain controller FQDN because: The Server is not operational. I have checked DNS and everything is ok as far as I can tell. Anyone any pointers, only thing I can find googling relates to DNS, no M$ KB articles that I can see either.
DMcCoy Posted January 17, 2008 Posted January 17, 2008 How much space is left on the drive? Any clues in the event log?
paul Posted January 17, 2008 Author Posted January 17, 2008 FORGET IT! me being a dumb ass - forgot to restart TCP/IP connections after DB Upgrade, been a long day just finalising the School Workforce Census!
RobC Posted January 17, 2008 Posted January 17, 2008 Funny, my first suggestion was going to be "restart the DC" which may have sorted that for you...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now