Dos_Box Posted November 16, 2015 Posted November 16, 2015 I think this may come under the heading of 'Does anyone really care?': Microsoft pulls plug on Zune music service - BBC News Microsoft has pulled the plug on its failed music service, Zune.The company's Zune players and digital music service were launched in 2006 to rival Apple's iPod and iTunes. But they never made a considerable impact and Zune hardware was discontinued in 2011. On Sunday, the Zune music download and streaming service was quietly retired. Any remaining Zune players will still work as an MP3 player, but will no longer be able to stream online music. Microsoft said the last remaining Zune subscribers would be switched over to its Groove music platform. In fact, did anyone here actually buy a Zune?
Arreks Posted November 16, 2015 Posted November 16, 2015 last remaining Zune subscribers All 5 of them..
Dos_Box Posted November 16, 2015 Author Posted November 16, 2015 On a related note, what's Groove? Wasn't it orginally a part of the Office suite back in 2007?
Arthur Posted November 16, 2015 Posted November 16, 2015 On a related note, what's Groove? The service formerly known as Xbox Music (which was formerely known as Zune Music) or SharePoint Workspace which was formerely known as Microsoft Office Groove.
Geoff Posted November 16, 2015 Posted November 16, 2015 That's so obvious I'm amazed I missed it. You make it sound so simple.
john Posted November 17, 2015 Posted November 17, 2015 I used Zune and still do, well its now Groove Music. I still have the App on my Win 7 PC as they didnt have a Groove app last time I looked (but maybe they have one now)....
Simcfc73 Posted November 17, 2015 Posted November 17, 2015 All this stuff passed me by, I never even owned an iPad. I currently have a Windows phone that I subscribe to podcasts with which is like magic..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now