BonnyArmadillo Posted October 21, 2015 Posted October 21, 2015 Have quite a large amount of w500 tablets onsite and would like to rebuild them- I have bought a usb to ethernet adapter with the correct chipset built in (I know these tablets are picky about which adapters they use) But i still cannot get it to PXE boot. Can anyone give me a push in the right direction?
Oaktech Posted October 22, 2015 Posted October 22, 2015 I don't think they really do... I've got them and I have a startech usb 3 network adapter and a copy of the 32bit WDS boot image with the drivers for that USB adapter inserted into it on a USB stick. I boot off the USB stick and build from there. 1
Oaktech Posted October 22, 2015 Posted October 22, 2015 (edited) I've found a pretty good guide here... How To: Create WDS Discover Image for Windows 8 | Chris123NT's Blog The only thing that doesn't work as described is the winpeshl.ini file. The described format with , and " doesn't work. It has to be in the form [LaunchApps] %SYSTEMDRIVE%\sources\setup.exe /wds /wdsdiscover /wdsserver:MyWDSServer.fqdn Edited October 22, 2015 by Oaktech 1
BonnyArmadillo Posted October 22, 2015 Author Posted October 22, 2015 Thanks for replying Oaktech- I am in the process of giving Clonezilla a try! Will definitely try your method if i run into issues.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now