MattDLEA Posted October 20, 2015 Posted October 20, 2015 I asked on another forum but didn't get any replies so will ask here. Is it best to have the home page with a bit of info then for example 3 column content section (similar to Foundation Template | Orbit Home ) with each of them been for a certain sector like home, business , education. So that the user can click on there type and then see the services available to them OR List everything you do on the homepage with links to read more a little bit similar to TRAVIS NEILSON .COM @ TN What's your thoughts?
Steve21 Posted October 20, 2015 Posted October 20, 2015 "Best" in terms of what? Accessibility wise, different pages I'd say. Considering things like search engine mapping, text readers etc etc. Load times etc etc I'm a snazzy shout-out company kind of design, then I'd go for the all on one page. Steve
Joanne Posted October 20, 2015 Posted October 20, 2015 I personally like both of those designs. Like Steve said though, consider where customers will be accessing site from and loading times. If mostly will be accessed from mobile phones, you want data minimal (the first one) if you think mostly wifi connected devices, data hungry is freaking sweet (second one).
MattDLEA Posted October 20, 2015 Author Posted October 20, 2015 End user experience... See there's services that are offered that will appeal to both businesses and schools like 'network support' but which are irrelevant to home users along the same line of 'after school code club' is of no use to businesses. So is it better to say if your this sector click here and go to like a sub-site that is relevant just for them Schools would get a list of :Code club , Network support, e-learning etc. Home users would get: Computer repair, Virus removal etc Or like the second one list everything. I'm torn as I can see the merits in both
Joanne Posted October 20, 2015 Posted October 20, 2015 Oh now you've said that then the first one. Don't want to be trawling through the second one to try and find something.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now