alonebfg Posted January 15, 2008 Posted January 15, 2008 Ok this has got me stuck I need to deploy this to all machines on our network but cant and there does not seem to be a msi It is a known problem with IE7 and exchange 2003 sp1 that caused this and now i have got to deploy it somehow. Any idears would be welcome.
GlennT Posted January 15, 2008 Posted January 15, 2008 Is this for OWA? Found this on the net.... http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998939.aspx Hope it helps?
ZeroHour Posted January 15, 2008 Posted January 15, 2008 I do believe it supports switches (the exe installer) so maybe a startup vbs script that checks to see if one of the installed files exists and if not runs the exe with the switches?
alonebfg Posted January 16, 2008 Author Posted January 16, 2008 I like your idea zero but I am not good at building vbs at all i do try without sucess most of the time and mine are very basic.
ZeroHour Posted January 16, 2008 Posted January 16, 2008 Something like: Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") If objFSO.FileExists("Location of a file created by install") Then 'do nothing Else WshShell.run "path to file with switches for install",2,True end if
Guest AustenLowe Posted January 16, 2008 Posted January 16, 2008 I have an MSI wrapper that basically creates an msi to run a setup.exe with silent installation, and to run the uninstaller to remove it. Not perfect but near as dam it. It does not have anyform of EULA or website offering it so it should be considered freeware. If you want it i can host it up somewhere
ZeroHour Posted January 16, 2008 Posted January 16, 2008 Or you could get your own copy of WIWW from: http://www.vinsvision.com/Articles/tabid/66/EntryID/15/Default.aspx It should allow you to use that although I have never got it to work properly.
Guest AustenLowe Posted January 16, 2008 Posted January 16, 2008 excellent newer ver than mine, been trying to find a new version for a while cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now