Liam Posted September 15, 2015 Posted September 15, 2015 Any know of a way to remove any unnecessary settings in group policy editor that may slow down login times and startup times. Our computers hang for a little bit at applying computer settings. I'd like to significantly speed this proceeds up.
3s-gtech Posted September 16, 2015 Posted September 16, 2015 Unnecessary? That's pretty subjective, and depends very much on what you have and what they do. Really, you'll need to do an audit of all policies, looking at the resultant settings and what they all do. It's a good plan to do it occasionally - I've stipped back and rebuilt our GPOs before now to speed things up. Also pays to have a look at the exact policies applied to any particular OU - you may find an old Java installer, some outdated script or a printer that no longer exists.
Liam Posted September 16, 2015 Author Posted September 16, 2015 Im looking at removing those policies that would have makde a change to xp but not no more. I did the cleanup a few months back but on login it hangs at preparing desktop for about ten seconds.
MrLudwig Posted September 17, 2015 Posted September 17, 2015 I did the cleanup a few months back but on login it hangs at preparing desktop for about ten seconds. Assuming you have Verbose Logging turned on so you can see which policy area is being processed, handy for a bit more detail about what's happening during start up. I could be wrong but by the time you get to Preparing Desktop I think it's finished GPO processing hasn't it?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now