Gongalong Posted August 11, 2015 Posted August 11, 2015 Hi folks, I'm getting this problem with all my 2012 R1 servers - essentially it's unclear whether Windows Updates are applying, and when rebooting I get the error "Failure Configuring Windows Updates. Reverting Changes" displayed. It then takes an absolute age until the server is back in a logon state, with updates still pending. Reading around the topic the suggestion is to reset Windows Update, albeit the link is for Win 7/8 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058 Has anyone else come across this problem, and did the above reset fix it OOI? TIA
Gongalong Posted August 12, 2015 Author Posted August 12, 2015 Looks like I've fixed it with the registry key delete mentioned here. These are 2012 servers migrated from 2008 https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/70219bcb-36a8-466e-900b-cbf390db38d2/failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-changes-postreboot-status-0x800f0922?forum=winserver8gen
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now