CapnPugwash Posted August 4, 2015 Posted August 4, 2015 Our website sits on an in house Ubuntu box. We are in the process of moving it off site. We have an SSL (SAN) cert that we paid for & I want to see if I can migrate it to the new off site server. The new server gives me a cPanel frontend. My SSL cert was originally issued as a PFX file. If I use OpenSSl to produce a CRT file or a PEM file & try to upload to the new server I get this error message "ERROR: The system could not save certificate #1 because of an error: The ASN.1 data is corrupt. Its header indicates a length of 67 bytes, but its content is 1,334 bytes long. No valid certificate provided" I doubt that the PFX is corrupted... Am I trying to do the impossible?
kmount Posted August 4, 2015 Posted August 4, 2015 Have a play with - https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-converter.html It is basically driving openssl for you but in a pretty webpage. Hopefully it'll give you what you need.
CapnPugwash Posted August 4, 2015 Author Posted August 4, 2015 Hi, I've already tried it (converted the PFX to a PEM) , either way (using the website converter or OpenSSL on the Ubuntu box) I still get the same error message. Like I say, pretty sure the PFX isn't corrupted, I installed it on my Exchange server without issue & I think I had to use OpenSSL to extract bits from it initially so that I could install the cert on Ubuntu Would the fact that it's a SAN complicate matters?
kmount Posted August 4, 2015 Posted August 4, 2015 Shouldn't do, I mess with pfx files often, especially on Ubuntu boxes. Mind you, if you've already extracted the cert, chain, and key you should be able to plug those into cPanel directly anyway? 1
CapnPugwash Posted August 4, 2015 Author Posted August 4, 2015 Shouldn't do, I mess with pfx files often, especially on Ubuntu boxes. Mind you, if you've already extracted the cert, chain, and key you should be able to plug those into cPanel directly anyway? Ha! I don't know why I didn't think of that. Renamed the bundle.crt file that I had made for the Ubuntu box & uploaded to cPanel - SUCCESS! Cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now