Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello,

Our boot.wim images are big - by big i mean over a gb which when booting from the network is taking a little while. Especially when more than one machine are pulling the boot.wim down at the same time. I have created new boot images using cmd line but they are the same size. I cant see any drivers attached to these boot.wims either. Just wondered how big everyone elses is?

Posted
I am using SCCM 2012 R2. And I am using Windows ADK to create the boot.wim. I think its down to the amount of drivers that have been injected. People have been including every driver in the boot.wim here for some reason....
Posted
Just found that I was using an old version of ADK. I have found a newer version and the winpe.wim is a lot smaller.
Posted
Yeah the new .wim in the share (this has no drivers in at all) is 172 kb, once imported into sccm its over 1000mb :/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...