BonnyArmadillo Posted July 9, 2015 Posted July 9, 2015 Currently playing around with file copy on Veeam B&R trial while I wait for finance to buy my full license. I need to replicate the backups from one of my servers to the other. This seems simple enough but I want it to remove the old copies of any backups that have replicated over in the past. Is there any way of doing this? I am to replicate the backups from my main back up server once a month to another server in another building.
Steve21 Posted July 9, 2015 Posted July 9, 2015 How do you mean? So you want: A to backup server stored locally on A A then replicates backup to B A deletes backup, leaving B with it on? Steve
LeMarchand Posted July 9, 2015 Posted July 9, 2015 I thought File Copy did this? (Otherwise they'd rapidly be out of space in my school that does something similar).
BonnyArmadillo Posted July 9, 2015 Author Posted July 9, 2015 Sorry could of made this more clear. back up to A Copy backups to B once a month Remove previous months backup on B before copying new ones
Steve21 Posted July 9, 2015 Posted July 9, 2015 Don't use filecopy at all then, use backupcopy and just set the amount of backups you want kept in the options Steve
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now