gtg93 Posted July 7, 2015 Posted July 7, 2015 (edited) Thought this might be worth raising as an issue, not sure if it's a false positive from Avast, but I'm getting a virus warning when accessing @DaveP 's post http://www.edugeek.net/forums/general-chat/52822-smell-rotten-eggs-your-server-room-check-your-ups.html - not the link within the page, the actual post on edugeek. My avast log is for this detection shows: 07.07.2015 09:29:39 Network Shield: blocked access to malicious site http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/sig/clean6/ps3/O_oTaNk_gRiEf.png ([104.131.100.180]:80) [ C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE ( 2312 ) ] Anybody else or is this just me? Either way though it was worth mentioning. Edit: Upon disabling my AV, and navigating to the link within the AV log, I just get a "Player not found" message... Can't replicate on any other page of the site. Edited July 7, 2015 by gtg93 1
6Foot2 Posted July 7, 2015 Posted July 7, 2015 Not getting any warnings here: A/V: System Centre End Point Protection. 1
ZeroHour Posted July 7, 2015 Posted July 7, 2015 That appears to be in a users signature. I am using Avast Business right now which didnt trigger but we disabled the web scanner component as it had a lot of false positives for us when testing. I have removed the signature for now and contacted the user. 1
gtg93 Posted July 7, 2015 Author Posted July 7, 2015 I am also using Avast for Business - but Web Shields are turned on... Possibly a false-positive but better safe than sorry! 1
ZeroHour Posted July 7, 2015 Posted July 7, 2015 I am also using Avast for Business - but Web Shields are turned on... Possibly a false-positive but better safe than sorry! Yeah def better to check. I just found the web shield moan a lot about urls rather than specific detected threads, it seemed to us more like a block list. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now