MattDLEA Posted June 30, 2015 Posted June 30, 2015 (edited) Just wondered if any of you guys or gals use Django? Edited July 25, 2015 by elsiegee40
MattDLEA Posted July 1, 2015 Author Posted July 1, 2015 @powdarrmonkey woops. I just started looking at it after a few reconsiderations on another forum. I purchased the one month python and django course. Where he guides you through building a Yelp like app for local coffee shops. He is teaching how to build the app rather then what each bit of code does. So there is a bit of stuff that works but I don't know why I have found that there's something called coding for coding for entrepreneurs that explains things better. I may have got my thinking wrong here. So normally when I do a website I go to Vidahost by domain name and hosting stick the html / wordpress/ php what ever up there and away we go. However they are saying use heroku for the application and files and then use amazon s3(?) for hosting the images ??? I have pushed my first tutorial project to heroku. Done heroku open and up pops the website - with a long url. Is there a better way of getting the projects live? and if not can I buy a domain name (myapp.co.uk) and then get heroku to use that? Im loving the ease that CRUD works
powdarrmonkey Posted July 4, 2015 Posted July 4, 2015 Hmm. Slotting blocks together without understanding what they do or how they work has never seemed a good way to learn to be. You really don't need S3 or Heroku for this. The Django project's own documentation and tutorials really are excellent though: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.8/
MattDLEA Posted July 24, 2015 Author Posted July 24, 2015 @powdarrmonkey Do you have any experiance of django-sitegate ? Just a bit stuck, either the instructions are wrong ( highly unlikely) or im doing it wrong (more then likely)
powdarrmonkey Posted July 25, 2015 Posted July 25, 2015 Not directly, but you haven't said what you've done and what doesn't work...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now