Killer_Bot Posted April 29, 2015 Posted April 29, 2015 Good morning all, I was hoping someone could give some advice as I would guess this has been done somewhere. I have a Primary School who have had a lovely new kitchen area and would love to get up a number of displays to both show the food that's actually on offer (using a camera so the children can 'see' the food before they get to the counter) as well advertisements for things going on around the school or upcoming lunch events. Now the camera portion I could do quite easily, just hooking a camera directly into the panel. I was wondering though if there are any cheap and viable digital signage solutions we could use so that they could advertise over the camera (whether it be an IP Camera or something). I know of some digital signage solutions but they can be incredibly expensive. Does anyone have anything that comes to mind that could do this? I'd like it to be easily manageable by somebody on site who isn't IT as otherwise it could get quite out of hand. But ultimately I'd like to get a solution that works. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks, K
greyskull Posted April 29, 2015 Posted April 29, 2015 Xebo is the one you want for digital signage. Open source, very flexible; if a little clunky at times.
Killer_Bot Posted April 29, 2015 Author Posted April 29, 2015 A colleague of mine had mentioned something called Concerto too but it didn't look particularly user friendly. I'll have a look at Xebo. Thank you for the suggestion.
FN-GM Posted April 29, 2015 Posted April 29, 2015 Xebo is the one you want for digital signage. Open source, very flexible; if a little clunky at times. A colleague of mine had mentioned something called Concerto too but it didn't look particularly user friendly. I'll have a look at Xebo. Thank you for the suggestion. Slight typo in the name. Its Xibo - Xibo Open Source Digital Signage | Open source multi-display managed digital signage
3s-gtech Posted April 29, 2015 Posted April 29, 2015 Search for Xibo. All you need is a server to run the central service, and clients to run the displays (they can be PCs or low powered devices like a RaspberryPi).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now