Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Howdy,

 

In the stages of getting ready to book my A+ 802 exam (scraped my 801 last week), does anyone have any advice/pointers in regards to it? The simulations in 801 threw me off a little and whilst I'm expecting there to be a command line thing to carry out I've no idea about the rest.

 

Cheeeeeeeers.

Posted

When I did both of mine, the simulations threw off everyone's scores a lot and made it pass/fail for a few people so it's definitely worth looking online for what people have said about them. There's a lot of discussion about those as there's a different pool of simulations for every resit of an exam so I'd check them out online on forums. It sucks because all the exam prep books, the official guides and even my lecturer weren't prepping for the simulations or even aware of them and they turned out to be the hardest part of it for a lot of people.

 

I'd have to say generally focus on the multiple choice questions and nailing those and then being very aware of the likely scenarios the simulator is going to give you. I do remember for my 802 sit there was a simulated mobile phone environment for configuring wireless on an iOS-like device and a few more command line ones like flushing DNS and fixing IP or DHCP issues. It doesn't cover any of the simulations (but some of the situations that the simulators give you) but I still have my Mike Meyers A+ book I used and passed with that I can spare if you'd like it.

Posted

There really isn't much online with other people sitting it, seems like it's quite well protected from discussion with the non-disclosure agreement. I've a a vague idea of what to expect (ie command line, format a drive, create partitions etc), just hate being surprised. Like I say I scraped the 801 with a score of 695 so eff knows what I was doing.

 

I've gone through the Meyers book pretty extensively recently as well as the Professor Messer videos, the latter being slightly more useful in terms of practicing at home. If anything the questions that throw you off are the ones where there isn't really a wrong answer and it's 'take your pick' rather than blindingly obvious.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...