Bev Posted March 18, 2015 Posted March 18, 2015 I have setup the messages system that MrDolan wrote http://www.edugeek.net/forums/web-development/144188-student-messages-bulletin-system.html It works really well, except that occasionally a staff member will add a message that 'breaks' the RSS feed. I am trying to find the rules for the feed so that I can clean up any messages before they are sent to the feed in an attempt to stop them breaking. I'm currently removing New Lines and various other characters but something is still slipping through as about once a week it will break.
Arthur Posted March 18, 2015 Posted March 18, 2015 These may help? www.rssboard.org/rss-specification www.rssboard.org/rss-profile
TechMonkey Posted March 18, 2015 Posted March 18, 2015 I use the W3C RSS validation tool. Just paste the generated XML into the box and it will tell you any issues or recommendations (which you can ignore).
Bev Posted March 18, 2015 Author Posted March 18, 2015 I have found the CDATA command from one of the above links, and so far so good. Of course, I won't know for sure if until it breaks again! XML CDATA
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now