Bezwick Posted March 17, 2015 Posted March 17, 2015 Hi All We have recently setup and configured office 365, and using dirsync got it working with our users in our AD. Mostly I'm impressed apart from a couple of password issues it all worked really well. Given that all our users now have 50GB of storage space on the Microsoft cloud, ideally I would like to sync their homespaces to the Onedrive but cant seam to find out how to do it. Although the users can copy files from their homespace to the Onedrive and vice versa it would make sense if they synchronised. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how to do it? Thanks
FN-GM Posted March 17, 2015 Posted March 17, 2015 Hi All We have recently setup and configured office 365, and using dirsync got it working with our users in our AD. Mostly I'm impressed apart from a couple of password issues it all worked really well. Given that all our users now have 50GB of storage space on the Microsoft cloud, ideally I would like to sync their homespaces to the Onedrive but cant seam to find out how to do it. Although the users can copy files from their homespace to the Onedrive and vice versa it would make sense if they synchronised. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how to do it? Thanks Apart from a little app you install on the client, that needs manually configuring you can't. Its a poor effort I must admit. 1
Bezwick Posted March 17, 2015 Author Posted March 17, 2015 Yeah I had a play with that onedrive program and it was pretty useless, kind of thought it might be possible using admx template or powershell as most things on Office 365 seam to use it but cant find anything. Also my Powershell abilities are still at the beginners phase. Thanks anyway
FN-GM Posted March 17, 2015 Posted March 17, 2015 It would be nice to have something on a server that does the Sync.
Bezwick Posted March 17, 2015 Author Posted March 17, 2015 It would be nice to have something on a server that does the Sync. I agree but I suspect we will be waiting a while for Microsoft to come up with that one. Roll on Windows 12.
Liam Posted March 17, 2015 Posted March 17, 2015 There is no one drive limit is there. I thought it was unlimited now. Mailbox restrictions are 50 gb aren't they
zag Posted March 17, 2015 Posted March 17, 2015 We've been asking for this for 3 years now. Microsoft are being very slow with any kind of enterprise skydrive stuff. Basically nice idea, but no way to do yet. 1
apearce Posted March 17, 2015 Posted March 17, 2015 At the moment Microsoft offer 1TB for OneDrive but have announced at some point it will become unlimited. Email is 50GB. I dont think Microsoft will ever release an enterprise sync - could you imagine the amount of storage you would need if files were uploaded to OneDrive directly with 1TB or limited storage that was then sync'd back to your On-Prem. I'm seeing lots of people moving their files and offering a lot more to teacher and staff because its 1TB and available from home and their mobile apps.
Liam Posted March 17, 2015 Posted March 17, 2015 I imagine it would kill bandwidth too. I like the idea of them being separate, and one drive can be used to work on those documents on the go and to share with colleagues and students quickly. I am trying hard to convince staff that one drive is safe. Some staff are happy to carry a life time of work on a 2tb external drive with mo backup anywhere.
fairm010 Posted March 17, 2015 Posted March 17, 2015 What scares me off of using OneDrive heavily is our line in. Although we've never had any downtime since it was installed if our line goes down, nothing.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now