reggiep Posted March 16, 2015 Posted March 16, 2015 I have this rather fabulous script which launches a page for users which is different depending on their ip address... function getipthirdoctet { ipconfig | where-object {$_ –match “IPv4 Address”} | foreach-object{$_.Split(“.")[-2]} } $ipaddress = getipthirdoctet if ($ipaddress.length -eq 1) { $ipaddress ='0'+$ipaddress } C:\Progra~1\Intern~1\iexplore.exe -k "http://intranet/?i=$ipaddress" However I am having serious problems with powershell security so i am seeing if any edugeekers can suggest an alternative to powershell that might do the same thing. Can anyone help?
Arthur Posted March 16, 2015 Posted March 16, 2015 I am having serious problems with powershell security Can you elaborate? The issues might be able to be fixed easily?
halbaradkenafin Posted March 16, 2015 Posted March 16, 2015 What's the problem with powershell security? It's probably better to fix that than to find some random application that does the same thing.
reggiep Posted March 16, 2015 Author Posted March 16, 2015 It's frustrating because originally I had a half working batch file which would have been the easiest solution. I have group policy set to allow powershell but it still seems to fail when running. I'm not at my usual PC at the moment so I'll report back shortly!
reggiep Posted March 16, 2015 Author Posted March 16, 2015 I think I have it now! My group policy for execution of powershell was set up was for the computer. I needed to set one up for user.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now