tmoon-mint Posted March 10, 2015 Posted March 10, 2015 Hi guys, Looking for a bit of advice regarding this software, as a school we have a mixture of Clevertouch and Smart hardware. However the school have purchased Read Write Inc Speed sounds, which requires Promethean Activinspire to open. There is a free "personal" version of the software available, however I'm not entirely sure where we stand using it especially since we don't use any Promethean kit. Am I legally able to use the free version or will the school need to purchase the professional in order to use it? I have attempted to call Promethean directly but I cant get through to anyone without an Activcare contract, which is really helpful. Thanks
Joanne Posted March 10, 2015 Posted March 10, 2015 Our read write inc is through the website oxfordowl.co.uk ... not requiring any additional software.... 1
tmoon-mint Posted March 10, 2015 Author Posted March 10, 2015 Our read write inc is through the website oxfordowl.co.uk ... not requiring any additional software.... I see, not entirely sure what exactly they have bought then. Essentially been told that they have no idea where we stand with regards to ActivInspire. Sure would be nice if I could actually speak to someone at Promethean.
beany1 Posted March 10, 2015 Posted March 10, 2015 @tmoon-mint I had exactly the same concerns. I contacted oxford university press support who sent me out a letter that states we are allowed to use the ActivInspire software only for the purposes of RWInc on any IWB. Which at least covers me! 1
tmoon-mint Posted March 10, 2015 Author Posted March 10, 2015 @tmoon-mint I had exactly the same concerns. I contacted oxford university press support who sent me out a letter that states we are allowed to use the ActivInspire software only for the purposes of RWInc on any IWB. Which at least covers me! I will give them another call then, this is the answer I was looking for but they asked me to contact Promethean directly. Confirmation in writing is like you said sufficient to cover my back. Thanks.
sparkeh Posted March 10, 2015 Posted March 10, 2015 @tmoon-mint I had exactly the same concerns. I contacted oxford university press support who sent me out a letter that states we are allowed to use the ActivInspire software only for the purposes of RWInc on any IWB. Which at least covers me! That's exactly what we were told too. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now