Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ISA 2004 Proxy Block List XML - Importable...


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi, just in case anyone's interested (not sure if it's been done before here or not either, but here is an xml list of more than 4000 of them that I found listed at proxy.org and rejigged em around a bit and put them in our proxy ISA block list...

 

They're in Domain Name Set form. Just right click on "Domain Name Sets" and click import. Only just done this for the first time myself so not sure if I can answer any questions, but feel free to ask away and someone else may be able to help if I can't!

 

http://www.stmonicas.co.uk/docs/Updated%20Proxy%20Block%20List.zip

 

(Couldn't get the file to attach on here, so here it is on our webspace).

 

Cheers.

Richard.

Posted

Hi Richard,

 

I've had a go at it and can't seem to apply the setting after importing into isa and then using this set in one of the rules. I've also noticed that the list contains entries in there with protocol i.e. http://www.whayever..com - i thik domain names are meant to be in the format with out www or http i.e. bbc.co.uk i tried to replace the list and tried again but still no luck. It imports fine but just doesn't complete the applying it to the rule(s).

 

Ash.

Posted

Hi Ash,

 

I've put both with and without www. at the beginning in the list. Probably should have put *.proxy.com really instead of http://www.proxy.com or whatever the address is.

 

As I said Im not exactly an expert with this, but what you could do is try exporting one of your domain sets to an xml file and then try copy and pasting the central bit of the one I've posted (just the bit listing the domains and the tags around them and then pasting that into your exported one and import that into your ISA...

 

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Richard.

Posted

Hi Richard,

 

Yeah that was my next plan, is just to create a dummy domain name set and export it and paste the domain names with it. I also noticed in the various isa server forums is that sometime you ned to do *domain.com rather than *.domain.com don't know why but its something to do with how isa evaluates it.

 

I'll give this a go on monday.

 

Thanks!

 

Ash.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...