6Foot2 Posted March 3, 2015 Posted March 3, 2015 http://news.images.itv.com/image/file/607097/stream_img.jpg Link: Woodpecker shown flying with weasel on its back in amateur photographer's amazing image - ITV News ...The woodpecker landed in front of us and I feared the worst. I guess though our presence, maybe 25 metres away, momentarily distracted the weasel. The woodpecker seized the opportunity and flew up and away into some bushes away to our left. Quickly the bird gathered its self respect and flew up into the trees and away from our sight. The woodpecker left with its life, the weasel just disappeared into the long grass, hungry.
Joanne Posted March 3, 2015 Posted March 3, 2015 either woodpeckers are a lot bigger than I imagine (cockatiel size?) or weasles are a lot smaller than I imagine (ferret size?)
elsiegee40 Posted March 3, 2015 Posted March 3, 2015 Green woodpeckers are quite big (about 30cm beak to end of tail) ... and weasels are much smaller than a ferret (they're tiny, but ferocious)
Dos_Box Posted March 3, 2015 Posted March 3, 2015 My life is now complete And yes, weasels are tiny but vicious!
mole Posted March 3, 2015 Posted March 3, 2015 The weasel riding woodpecker Photoshops have begun - Weird News - News - The Independent
6Foot2 Posted March 3, 2015 Author Posted March 3, 2015 Note: The video linked below does not show a 'winner' but it does show that the Seagull is in some distress. Do not watch if you know you will find this upsetting. Posted on YouTube: 31st July 2014.
mthomas08 Posted March 4, 2015 Posted March 4, 2015 http://news.images.itv.com/image/file/607097/stream_img.jpg Link: Woodpecker shown flying with weasel on its back in amateur photographer's amazing image - ITV News I saw this and I first thought - RIDE EM COW BOY YEEEEEHHARRRRRR. Then I remember they are little buggers especially the females - fearless. They certainly have the Eye of the Tiger.
6Foot2 Posted March 9, 2015 Author Posted March 9, 2015 A sign has appeared: http://www.thepoke.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/B_l48hyUYAAuC7r.jpg Link: Sign appears in Hornchurch Park commemorating woodpecker and weasel - Telegraph
CAM Posted March 9, 2015 Posted March 9, 2015 This weasel wasn't so lucky after trying to hitch a ride on a heron. I don't think he planned to end up inside! Remember the weasel riding a woodpecker? Well now the birds have had their revenge after Jonathan Forgham pictured a heron eating a weasel in Kent | Metro News NOM NOM NOM
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now