Kalny Posted February 5, 2015 Posted February 5, 2015 (edited) This is an FYI for whomever may encounter this incredibly infuriating issue. I've just spent the last two days troubleshooting this installation error. Adobe, technet and other various forums had absolutely nothing of value to say. I tried the following: - Removing Startup items in MSConfig - Visual C++ - .Net uninstalled + Re-installed - Uninstalled/Disabled Antivirus software - Run the setup as admin and/or domain admin user - Checked compatibility and ran in XP mode - Run the installed locally - Disabled the proxy - Uninstalled/Reinstalled Java (Don't ask) - Ran SFC /Scannow - Re-imaged the machine - Disabled Windows Search Service None of these worked. I began Googling for HRESULT 0x80070308 (found in one of the install logs) and discovered this magical command: REG LOAD HKLM\COMPONENTS C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS REG DELETE HKLM\COMPONENTS /V PendingRequired Running this from an elevated command prompt and restarting solved the issue and allowed me to install Adobe Reader. This fix is totally unrelated to Adobe Reader and has something to do with Windows update. I hope that this helps somebody! Edited February 5, 2015 by Kalny
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now