Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Thanks to @ZeroHour posting the link to a very cheap Wii U the other day and I swiftly ordered one. At £135 it was silly not to.

I do have a question though. The Wii U on offer was the 'basic' pack where you just got a console + the 'new' controller but I shall be needing a second one for two player games.

Now, we already own a Wii (thank the gods for backwards compatability) and I know the Wii remotes are compatable, but should I be looking for something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Analog-Wireless-Joystick-Controller-Nintendo/dp/B00KHKA620/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1422621665&sr=8-7&keywords=wii+u+controller to ensure that all two player games will work?

Mostly the games will be Mario/Sonic type affairs but I don't want to be rushing out to buy extra bits when the kids get it at easter.

Also, does it upscale Wii games as I know the 'Wii mode' is run seperate from the newer OS but wasn't sure if it utilised the hardware fully.

Edited by Dos_Box
Posted
Nintendo are aware they have multiple ways to control their console and their games reflect that with excellent alternative control schemes. You can play MK8, Mario the lot with whatever controller you have sitting around. Pro is comfortable for long sessions, WiiMote works too and the pad is the only thing required.
Posted

Ah cheers :)

So the orginal Wii controls and game pads will be fine to play games on there with?

I'll be wanting to get a pro wireless controller anyway as I always thought the Wii remotes just didn't quite cut it in frantic games.

Posted
You don't need a Pro controller, but some games are much better for it. I would recommend getting the official one instead, but I'm aware that controllers for all of this generation's consoles are insanely expensive!

 

I may have to pop into CEX to see if they have any used ones in :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...