HodgeHi Posted December 3, 2007 Posted December 3, 2007 is it realtek audio on the new macbooks then? I have looked at the tech specs but not much info on the chipsets used. Maybe an aieda32 (or something similar) report may shed more light...
HodgeHi Posted December 4, 2007 Posted December 4, 2007 I will see if I can get the leopard file for the driver to check the install. Apparently the beta ends december 31st anyway so it looks like upgrading but at the moment I am reluctant. Maybe because I have got to upgrade the ram as well on all 40 machines.
pooley Posted December 4, 2007 Posted December 4, 2007 Make sure the windows audio service is started m8, have had problems before with upnp and audiosrv service not starting
mullet_man Posted December 5, 2007 Author Posted December 5, 2007 is it realtek audio on the new macbooks then? I have looked at the tech specs but not much info on the chipsets used. Maybe an aieda32 (or something similar) report may shed more light... I thought it was SigmaTel, it could be Realtek. @pooley checked the audio service and it has been started ok. Cheers again.
HodgeHi Posted December 5, 2007 Posted December 5, 2007 Apple have recently updated their macbook range to use the new Intel processors i think. Have you run a report against the hardware to find out what it is exactly?
mullet_man Posted December 5, 2007 Author Posted December 5, 2007 I will run a report today, and try and find out what it is!!
richierich Posted June 5, 2008 Posted June 5, 2008 I will run a report today, and try and find out what it is!! Try runnning this microsoft KB835221 High Definition Audio Patch before installing the driver, when you install the driver it sound then detect the sound card. We have had this problem on a number of dual booting Macbook Pros and with windows machines installed with XP service pack 3. The problem is with realtek and sigmatel chipsets. Have known it to work installing the patch after the driver, once the patch is installed it detects the soundcard.KB835221 audio patch.zip
piti Posted August 18, 2008 Posted August 18, 2008 The drivers above do work! I had the same problem... and now it's all good thanks... Just so that people who have the same problem know... I have a 2.4ghz macbook, with realtek audio... cheers:)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now