triggmiester Posted November 29, 2007 Posted November 29, 2007 Hi there I am currently dabbling with xampp and elgg. I tap in the address and get message Error: Database connection failed. It is possible that the database is overloaded or otherwise not running properly. I have gone through everything I can think of, making sure the Apache mod_rewrite is running, created the database using phpmyadmin because elgg doesn't do it automatically, checked the Config.php file., Restarted xampp and all the mysql services, rebooted etc, etc, but it's still not playing ball. Anyone got any ideas?? Thanks in advacne
Geoff Posted November 29, 2007 Posted November 29, 2007 Presumably you've created an user for elgg to access the database with. Set a password and a host access line and given it full rights to the elgg database?
triggmiester Posted November 29, 2007 Author Posted November 29, 2007 Yes I'm pretty sure I've done that
MkII Posted November 29, 2007 Posted November 29, 2007 You tried the Elgg support groups? Dunno if it's funny about being installed at the root still - didn't think so.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now