abillybob Posted November 26, 2014 Posted November 26, 2014 Hello Everyone Last request of the day... Hoping you can help me Is there a way that I can capture an image of a machine after sysprep on WDS that will allow me to re-deploy to other client machines that is already activated? After doing some searching I found a piece of Microsoft software called VAMT although I've never heard of it or used it what's your take on that? Cheers
LeMarchand Posted November 26, 2014 Posted November 26, 2014 (edited) You can either add the MAK key into your unattend.xml or if you use VAMT you can have your clients activate against that using KMS keys. Currently using a mixture of the 2, but as long as you have sufficient clients (I'm assuming you have licences!) I prefer VAMT (there's another name for it IIRC). That way you don't have to potentially expose your keys to thieving staff/staff relatives. (It will also authenticate Office with the same caveats). Edited November 26, 2014 by LeMarchand clarity
ADMaster Posted November 26, 2014 Posted November 26, 2014 What are your server / client versions. introduced in win8 I think is the ability to activate via domain join. My Windows 7, Office 2010 are activated via KMS server. My windows 8.1 clients are activated via AD I'm not sure which method office 2013 uses. Windows and Office each require a client count of 25+ to activate via KMS. Servers require 5. Volume Activation Deployment Guide
abillybob Posted November 26, 2014 Author Posted November 26, 2014 Cheers Guys for all the suggestions will look into the KMS server tomorrow to see how easy it is to do! Don't have a lot of time on my hands to fiddle around with things at the moment, since I've been back I haven't stopped. I'll keep the thread updated as always
sted Posted November 27, 2014 Posted November 27, 2014 Cheers Guys for all the suggestions will look into the KMS server tomorrow to see how easy it is to do! Don't have a lot of time on my hands to fiddle around with things at the moment, since I've been back I haven't stopped. I'll keep the thread updated as always how easy is kms very if you have a kms code for your server it can be done in about 1 minute (slmgr /ipk code on server i believe) if not and you have a kms code for widows workstation (id suggest using 8.1 as its newer) set up vm install kms windows x code. Then wait for 25 pcs to try and activate once you hit that first 25 you can forget it until you need to decommission your kms server or it can no longer support the os youve gone to (say 8.1 cant activate windows 10 for instance)
win Posted November 27, 2014 Posted November 27, 2014 KMS server for both windows (all versions) and office (2013). It won't take you long and doesn't use up hardly any server resources.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now