Sheridan Posted November 17, 2014 Posted November 17, 2014 (edited) I'm still fighting along with Configurator and gradually have managed to get profiles to install onto ipads (hurray!) But to the next problem....I want to install a handful of free apps onto the same ipads. So I've downloaded them via the App Store onto the same mac (10.10 with AC 1.7) that is preparing the profiles. I then click + to add an app and browse to the App itself (i.e something like Kindle, or any free app) and all I get is 'Unable to import app 'appname'. The apps identifier is missing' I've searched for this error, but I've found nothing that relates to the newer version of configurator, or it relates to VPP apps. I didn't think apple would make this easy, but it shouldn't be this fiddly either! Edited November 17, 2014 by Sheridan
Brimstone Posted November 17, 2014 Posted November 17, 2014 I'm still fighting along with Configurator and gradually have managed to get profiles to install onto ipads (hurray!) But to the next problem....I want to install a handful of free apps onto the same ipads. So I've downloaded them via the App Store onto the same mac (10.10 with AC 1.7) that is preparing the profiles. I then click + to add an app and browse to the App itself (i.e something like Kindle, or any free app) and all I get is 'Unable to import app 'appname'. The apps identifier is missing' I've searched for this error, but I've found nothing that relates to the newer version of configurator, or it relates to VPP apps. I didn't think apple would make this easy, but it shouldn't be this fiddly either! Some things to check first... Have you authorised the Mac you are using with iTunes? Are these existing older apps that are not iOS8 compatible and not been updated, you will need to update the fee ones you have in iTunes first then add them again to Configurator Configurator 1.7 is very buggy as I was applying updates to 10 iPad Airs the other day, did 8 fine then told me that the iOS Firmware for the last 2 was the wrong version...
Sheridan Posted November 17, 2014 Author Posted November 17, 2014 I'd started from scratch so the apps are brand new ios8 versions. I'm going to roll 10.10 back to 10.9.5 and AC 1.6, I should have learned my lesson when is ruined my ipad3!
Shadow_Walker Posted November 18, 2014 Posted November 18, 2014 Like Brimstone said check that your mac is authorised in iTunes as that caught me out at the start as well and I could not install apps.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now