gtg93 Posted October 24, 2014 Posted October 24, 2014 I'm creating a Wordpress site that is an online training course, and at the end, I want the user to be able to type their name into a box and print out a personalised certificate. The certificate is already created as a PDF, but can be converted if need be. Basically I want an editable region in the certificate document, that will match whatever is entered on the webpage, and then the user can download the PDF / print it off. If anyone has any idea of how this can be done, a link or a quick how to would be appreciated. Thanks
dhicks Posted October 24, 2014 Posted October 24, 2014 I'm creating a Wordpress site that is an online training course, and at the end, I want the user to be able to type their name into a box and print out a personalised certificate. For this kind of thing, I've always used ReportLab's open source Python PDF creation library: ReportLab - Content to PDF Solutions If you don't have permissions to run scripts on your webhost, ReportLab do offer a hosted solution that might meet your needs, although I don't have any expertience with that myself. 1
gtg93 Posted October 25, 2014 Author Posted October 25, 2014 Thanks - I'll have a look at that , hopefully will sort the issue. If not i'm tempted to just upload the certificate as a word doc, with edit protection enabled and just an editable region where their name goes
Arthur Posted October 25, 2014 Posted October 25, 2014 Another option would be to use CSS (@media print) to change how the webpage looks when printed. The user could then save it to a PDF themselves, print it out on paper, save it to Evernote/OneNote etc. and you wouldn't have to install anything on your server. How to set up a print style sheet « Smashing Magazine 1
SYNACK Posted October 26, 2014 Posted October 26, 2014 Does it need to be a pdf, html5 canvas plus an svg graphic should work on most newer systems. 1
dhicks Posted October 27, 2014 Posted October 27, 2014 Does it need to be a pdf, html5 canvas plus an svg graphic should work on most newer systems. Actually, if I remember correctly, Mozilla's PDF.js lets you add elements to a PDF document in-browser, so you can build up a printable PDF document client-side: PDF.js This is the component that Firefox uses for viewing PDF documents, and seems to be pretty comprehensive. 1
gtg93 Posted October 27, 2014 Author Posted October 27, 2014 Cheers guys - not got to this part of the site just yet, but will report back once it's sorted.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now