Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hiya,

 

I've a secondary school who are running the SIMS database in simple recovery mode and as a result the transaction log backups have stopped.

 

I know the SQL to change this back to full recovery, but I don't know if this can be done whilst users are logged in?

 

Can anyone advise me please?

 

Thanks.

Posted

I've changed our recovery mode from full to simple (as recommended by Capita) when users have been logged in without any issues to date.

 

Ideally doing any modifications when no-one is using the system is wise.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...