FN-GM Posted October 3, 2014 Posted October 3, 2014 (edited) Hi, Occasionally when I submit a post, either a reply or new thread I get a blank page after pressing the save button and the post hasn't been posted. It means I have lost all my text Edited October 22, 2014 by ZeroHour
ZeroHour Posted October 3, 2014 Posted October 3, 2014 Hi, Occasionally when I submit a post, either a reply or new thread I get a blank page after pressing the save button and the post hasn't been posted. It means I have lost all my text It shouldnt be lost, does the restore post content button not work on the editor? The blank pages are a side effect of aws elb and sadly we cant change it to a more useful error page. Most of the kinks of AWS are worked out now so this should occur less hopefully. I have 1 more major change planned but I have not finishing testing it, it will allow us to handle this problem with more useful errors.
FN-GM Posted October 3, 2014 Author Posted October 3, 2014 It shouldnt be lost, does the restore post content button not work on the editor? The button to restore doesn't appear.
ZeroHour Posted October 3, 2014 Posted October 3, 2014 The button to restore doesn't appear. Normally it should save to cookie if the server is down but I think you have to refresh the page for it to appear.
FN-GM Posted October 10, 2014 Author Posted October 10, 2014 Hi @ZeroHour I am still getting the white pages issue
FN-GM Posted October 22, 2014 Author Posted October 22, 2014 Hi @ZeroHour I am still getting this problem. being a bit of a pain now 1
ZeroHour Posted October 22, 2014 Posted October 22, 2014 Yeah does it mostly happen when making a new thread or replies or both? I have been doing the backend this past week but its not quite ready for live.
FN-GM Posted October 22, 2014 Author Posted October 22, 2014 When replying to threads it seems to be an issue. 1
ZeroHour Posted October 22, 2014 Posted October 22, 2014 When replying to threads it seems to be an issue. Using quick reply or full advanced reply or both? Just trying to recreate it at my end, I have turned up the logging to see if I can pin it down, can you post as soon as it occurs for you next.
FN-GM Posted October 22, 2014 Author Posted October 22, 2014 Quick reply, I use that one every time. Yep will post again when it does it.
ZeroHour Posted October 27, 2014 Posted October 27, 2014 I deployed the new filesystem on Sunday to prevent some of the white pages issues, there is still a few other shuffles to go but that was a major change.
elsiegee40 Posted October 27, 2014 Posted October 27, 2014 I got a good few white pages tonight. FYI. What time? Since the outage?
ZeroHour Posted October 27, 2014 Posted October 27, 2014 I got a good few white pages tonight. FYI. Yeah ironically after I posted that the database had issues not related to any changes we had made, it was at AWS end.
ZeroHour Posted November 18, 2014 Posted November 18, 2014 Just wondering how things have been lately for you all? Any more white pages?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now