sted Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Trying to set up 4 of these and have spent 3 hours so far and no further on. Boots from the wds server ok but mdt (and booting from the 1 pendrive I have it likes which is windows 8.1 it just sits there on the 8.1 splash screen showing the flag and the circle of dots and never goes any further). Windows 7 boot.wim added to wds works but no drivers and wds wont let me add the drivers it says "windows deployment services could not add some os the packages to the server. To view a list of the failed packages, click next" where it says any driver ive found failed (realtek pcie gb) only think left I can try is a dvd and I don't have one and I would then have to install loads of updates office etc any ideas as im stumped
jaminben Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 (edited) Sounds similar to the issue I and many others have had with newer Toshiba's. See here or here. EDIT Try disabling secure boot... I managed to get mine done with a pen drive for Windows 7 and PXE using SCCM for Windows 8.1. Edited September 17, 2014 by jaminben
sted Posted September 17, 2014 Author Posted September 17, 2014 Sounds similar to the issue I and many others have had with newer Toshiba's. See here. EDIT Try disabling secure boot... I managed to get mine done with a pen drive for Windows 7 and PXE using SCCM for Windows 8.1. there is no option to disable secure boot
jaminben Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 there is no option to disable secure boot There maybe if you switch from UEFI to BIOS boot... once switched over look under security. That's if I remember correctly
sted Posted September 17, 2014 Author Posted September 17, 2014 (edited) There maybe if you switch from UEFI to BIOS boot... once switched over look under security. That's if I remember correctly you were right but its set to off anyway. this bios is a horrid thing right from now on if they cant make laptops you can install easily no more Toshibas why do they make something so easy so hard? Edited September 17, 2014 by sted
jaminben Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 you were right but its set to off anyway. this bios is a horrid thing Ah, I remember now... I think our C50's were also set to off. These new Toshiba's appear to be pretty bad for enterprise solutions. You could try injecting the drivers into the install.wim on your pen drive using DISM (not really done that myself so not 100% on that method) other than that I'm all out of ideas... you may just have to resort to a DVD.
sted Posted September 17, 2014 Author Posted September 17, 2014 Ah, I remember now... I think our C50's were also set to off. These new Toshiba's appear to be pretty bad for enterprise solutions. You could try injecting the drivers into the install.wim on your pen drive using DISM (not really done that myself so not 100% on that method) other than that I'm all out of ideas... you may just have to resort to a DVD. I have done that before but not since 2008r1 servers think im just going to give up for now before I see if they work any better as trampolines and try again in the morning ive even got desparate enough to install mdt2010 on the other server see if its just win8 boot images it cant handle
sted Posted September 17, 2014 Author Posted September 17, 2014 well i took one home and it seems to install from dvd so looks like a long day tomorrow of manually updating 4 laptops installing office etc just to get to where any other pc would of been in <1hour damn you toshiba
sted Posted September 17, 2014 Author Posted September 17, 2014 At least you have a solution now. true just a pants one its currently still installing 210 updates
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now