Koldov Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 Hi All, Ok so, I have problems printing from an iPad.... Not exactly a new issue... I know there are a bazillion apps that can do that but, I have an AirPrint enabled printer allegedly (ECOSYS P6030cdn). However, the iPads do not see it! Can I presume that the 'must be on the same network' part means on the same VLAN? So in effect I need to remove the printer from the printer VLAN (subnet/gateway) and just give the printer a static IP from the range in the wireless VLAN (subnet/gateway) and we're all good? Will this also mean some port rearranging in the cab? (not using the PoE ports? Although I think all our WAP's are plugged into a PoE switch and this is the only switch the VLAN is configured on). Networking is not my strong point... Anybody able to give me some help? Kol.
MatthewL Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 You could do that or enable mDNS (multicasting DNS) UDP 5353 and it should work depending on your setup.
Liam Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 I'm having issues with this too. Similar setup, but I'm using the papercut secondary print provider to publish my printers. Same vlan No matter what I do it will not sure. I'm putting it down to a wireless issue, so I'll test with another Mac tomorrow on lan. I use meru and iv enabled udp 5353 already. Don't know what else to do really My ipads are managed via apple configurator so part of me thinks it's that too. Bloody ipads. Nothing ever simple. Lol. Any help would be much appreciated.
FN-GM Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Hi All, Ok so, I have problems printing from an iPad.... Not exactly a new issue... I know there are a bazillion apps that can do that but, I have an AirPrint enabled printer allegedly (ECOSYS P6030cdn). However, the iPads do not see it! Can I presume that the 'must be on the same network' part means on the same VLAN? So in effect I need to remove the printer from the printer VLAN (subnet/gateway) and just give the printer a static IP from the range in the wireless VLAN (subnet/gateway) and we're all good? Will this also mean some port rearranging in the cab? (not using the PoE ports? Although I think all our WAP's are plugged into a PoE switch and this is the only switch the VLAN is configured on). Networking is not my strong point... Anybody able to give me some help? Kol. What wireless do you use? I do know with Ruckus you can configure something so it can find the printer.
Koldov Posted September 17, 2014 Author Posted September 17, 2014 You could do that or enable mDNS (multicasting DNS) UDP 5353 and it should work depending on your setup. Thanks, this is set-up where exactly? Printer, iPad, Switch, AP's...? Feeling a little bit like a noob... What wireless do you use? I do know with Ruckus you can configure something so it can find the printer. Hmmmmmm... No, we have CISCO WAP's throughout, only put in about 4 years ago. I wonder if the 'thing' can be configured on those. To make it worse the 'AirPrint' printer is not wireless.... Confusing much? Kol.
FN-GM Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 I don't think it can be configured on Cisco (98% sure anyway). On Ruckus its called bonjour gateway.
tmoon-mint Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 I haven't had any experience with Air-Print however I believe it works using Bonjour, the same as Airplay. To get this working on Cisco kit, we had to configure multicast settings on the controller.
FN-GM Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 I bet a directed broadcast configured on your VLAN would work as well
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now