useraaron321 Posted September 15, 2014 Posted September 15, 2014 Hi, we are trying to update all of the Macs in our IT rooms with flash player all at once. I have the pkg and have managed to use ARD to push the software through to one Mac. The problem is I have to sign into each Mac in order for ARD to see it as available. Does anyone know how to push the update out so it will work without having to log-in to each and every Mac?? Thanks
Quackers Posted September 15, 2014 Posted September 15, 2014 Get Munki setup its quick and easy to deploy software (including flash) with it. Just needs a web server for the http bit and the client installing on each Mac. https://code.google.com/p/munki/
useraaron321 Posted September 15, 2014 Author Posted September 15, 2014 Hi, thanks for your reply. Do you currently use this software for yourself?
Quackers Posted September 15, 2014 Posted September 15, 2014 Yes i do, its how we push software to our Macs. By default its mainly command line based, but you can get Munki Admin which gives it a GUI if you are not that comfortable using the terminal.
useraaron321 Posted September 15, 2014 Author Posted September 15, 2014 Oh ok I probably would be better of with a GUI until I get comfortable using using command line. No way you know of using ARD or any of the other inbuilt OS X tools
Quackers Posted September 15, 2014 Posted September 15, 2014 We only use ARD for monitoring screens really. Never used it for software so cannot help there.
useraaron321 Posted September 15, 2014 Author Posted September 15, 2014 Thanks for your help I'm going to try a few things but this Munki app seems to be a good shout after looking into it.
furby Posted September 15, 2014 Posted September 15, 2014 (edited) You don't need to sign into each mac to do that from ARD. Select all the machines, click on Install and push out the update/package ** Link removed as a violation Adobe's terms **Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe[/url] in case other people are looking for it Edited September 15, 2014 by elsiegee40
useraaron321 Posted September 15, 2014 Author Posted September 15, 2014 Didn't work as when they where sat at log-in screen ARD was not showing as active on the target machines from ARD. I think it might be something to do with Impero running on the machines at the user log-on screen. As soon as you log into a machine ARD picks it up and you gan send the package and I have been given good advice that once logged on from the computer locally Impero doesn't need to be on so it disables itself and only checks in every now and then. probably it was just taking up the same port. when I noticed this we just put it into the task server of ARD and now whenever a new person logs on it will just run the task and install flash for each Mac. Thanks for all the help though guys.
russdev Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 ...I have been given good advice that once logged on from the computer locally Impero doesn't need to be on so it disables itself and only checks in every now and then. probably it was just taking up the same port. when I noticed this we just put it into the task server of ARD and now whenever a new person logs on it will just run the task and install flash for each Mac. . errm I want to clarify what you mean there before I say if you are right or wrong Do you mean the connection between Impero OSX client and Impero server if so that is connected all the time? Russell
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now