mac_shinobi Posted November 12, 2007 Posted November 12, 2007 What do you need to do and are there any pre requistes ? Also have come across software like the following : http://www.centrify.com/directcontrol/overview.asp Was just wondering if the software is easier or is it a waste of time , what are your thoughts ?
Ric_ Posted November 12, 2007 Posted November 12, 2007 The document at http://www.bombich.com/mactips/activedir.html should help you!
mac_shinobi Posted November 13, 2007 Author Posted November 13, 2007 any thoughts on the software ( the link I provided above ) compared to the document you posted.
Ric_ Posted November 15, 2007 Posted November 15, 2007 @gecko: TBH I didn't even look into any 3rd-party tools because I only have 13 Macs (14 including the second hand dual G4 Quicksilver running OS X Server). If you follow the document it is easy enough to do but I have struggled with some of the policies applying in a more heavy-handed way than envisaged and mobile users suffer many problems.
plock Posted November 15, 2007 Posted November 15, 2007 http://www.bombich.com - a super website for Mac support! I'm no expert on Mac's but am supposed to support a whole computer room full of them! That site has saved my life on many occasions!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now