Bluetooth Posted July 22, 2014 Posted July 22, 2014 Hey guys I am working on deploying office 2013 to our domain this summer, I have gotten 99% of things fixed and sorted, however, for some reason office is requesting proxy credentials for autodiscover.domain.local After researching this a bit, the error mostly pertains to outlook or exchange, except this error happens in word which is confusing the situation. I have configured word via gpo and OCT to not use the start screen which has nipped all the other proxy prompts in the bud however this one prompt still persists, I wondered if anyone else out there had the same issue? B
tmcd35 Posted July 22, 2014 Posted July 22, 2014 It's a common issue. There is a GPO to tell Office not to automatically use the Internet which solves the problem, but effects online clipart. Users -> Admin Templates -> Office 2013/Tools | Options | General | Service Options.../Online Content -> Online Content Options = Enable (Do not allow Office to connect to the Internet) 1
Iain Posted July 22, 2014 Posted July 22, 2014 Is your proxy using NTLM or Kerberos authentication? Office 2013 doesn't support NTLM and will request credentials if they proxy isn't configured to use Kerberos. 1
Bluetooth Posted July 22, 2014 Author Posted July 22, 2014 Hey gents TMC: I don't really want to disable online content as the kids and staff will no doubt want it. Iain: Smoothwall is currently set to NTLM, I will investigate getting it changed, thanks =-) B
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now